Monday, September 13, 2010

Recipe- Smashed & Roasted Potatoes

I just KNOW that Fall is around the corner. (I know it, I just can't see it or feel it here yet)
 Its the BEST season, and it makes me want to cook. For us here in Cali, we will of course have to wait a tad bit longer for it to feel like Fall. But that is not going to stop me from finding and posting some yummy recipes for you that make me think of fall. :) I may not want to turn on my oven for a few more weeks.... but that shouldn't stop YOU!

Smashed and Roasted Baby Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes
2 cups good chicken stock (or water)
kosher salt
1/4 cup olive oil
pepper
garlic cloves, unpeeled
fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large pot, add potatoes and chicken stock. Add in enough cool water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add in about a teaspoon of salt, and boil for 10 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use the back of a large spoon to squish each potato. Toss with olive oil, another 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, and a 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Use a large metal spoon to toss the potatoes. Add in garlic cloves, and roast for another 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are beginning to be the golden color you desire. Toss potatoes with the rosemary, and cook for another 5 


*note* You can, of course, just use a nice Yukon Gold variety of potato and cut them into 1-2 inch chunks.

Source: Recipe & Photo from Babble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment