Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oilcloth Banners

The other day I mentioned that I love some random items.... another of them is Oilcloth :)
A few years ago (I think 5).... I saw some chalkboard mats... what could be better?! It incorporated a few of my favorite random things, Oilcloth, Chalboards, and fabric... all in one. I was so in love with the idea of this that I (in my at the time, hormonal, pregnant way) convinced my (biggest supporter) husband that it was ok that I spent a like $80 to order some oilcloth and chalkboard cloth.... which I promised him that I would ACTUALLY create something with..... (hanging head in shame) It is all still here.... most of it still wrapped up on its original roll. :( BUT I am going to change that!!! :) Take a look at what I just found!!!!! I think that these will be even better than the chalk mats :) wooohoo!!!
Yes, those are pennant banners created with BOTH chalkboard cloth AND oil cloth :) Just a little bias tape and I will be in business!

Now, that style will require some sewing..... so I found all of you non- sewing types, a version that you can make too. (you're welcome)

Oilclothaddict has created a no-sew banner tutorial (HERE) and be sure to browse arround while you are there.... they have GREAT tips and a TON of Tutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment